Frequently Asked Questions
You have questions. We have answers. Our FAQ section contains answers to some of our most common questions that we receive from customers. Please review the questions below to begin. If your question can't be answered from the information below please contact a Diamonds On Wabash support representative here or call 312-332-3133. We will be back to you as soon as we can. Thank you!
- Q:How long has Diamonds on Wabash (DOW) been in business?
- A: We have proudly been in business since 1985.
- Q: Do you carry certified diamonds?
- A: Yes. DOW carries diamonds certified by Gemological Institute of America (GIA) and U.S. branch of the European Gemological Laboratory (EGL) . We take great pride in carrying the finest cut and conflict-free diamonds.
- Q: Do you send out jewelry repair?
- A: Yes. We work with a family-owned jewelry manufacturer and repair shop that has been servicing the Chicagoland area for over 40 years.
- Q: Do you offer financing for jewelry?
- A: Yes. Currently DOW offers, 90 day to 6 months interest-free jewelry financing. Please visit the store for more details.
- Q: Do you accept credit cards, and if so, which ones?
- A: Yes. DOW accepts Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express.
- Q: Do you have layaway programs?
- A: We have layaway for all jewelry items. Items must be picked up and paid for (in full) within 90 days. We require a 20% deposit for layaway items. All lay away require consistent monthly payments to remain active. Inactive layaway will be returned to stock and issued a store credit.
- Q: How often should I clean my ring?
- A: We recommend you professionally clean your ring at least twice a year. Please stop by our store at anytime for a complimentary steam cleaning and inspection.
- Q:Do you custom design jewelry?
- A: Yes. DOW has helped make many of our clients' visions come to life. We start with a photo or drawing of the design, followed by a 3-D computer picture, a wax model and, finally, the finished product.
- Q:Do you buy gold, diamonds or jewelry from customers?
- A: Yes. We buy gold on the basis of its daily rate. Please keep in mind that the per-ounce gold price is for pure-that is, 24-kt.-gold. Most jewelry is made of either 14- or 18-kt. gold. We also buy diamonds and jewelry.